The window to apply for 2015 ENERGY STAR certification is closing! Applications must be submitted by 11PM EST Monday, November 16 to ensure eligible buildings receive 2015 certification. The EPA does not guarantee 2015 ENERGY STAR certification for any incomplete or erroneous applications, even if submitted by the deadline, so act now to leave time to react if updates are required. Measurabl’s Energy Star Certification service has taken hundreds of buildings through the process to successful certification.
ENERGY STAR certified office buildings command significantly higher rents, higher and less volatile occupancy rates, and higher selling prices than otherwise similar conventional buildings.
ENERGY STAR is the real estate industry’s gold standard for building energy benchmarking. A recent U.C. Berkeley study found ENERGY STAR certified office buildings command significantly higher rents, higher and less volatile occupancy rates, and higher selling prices than otherwise similar conventional buildings. There are essentially two paths to follow with so little time remaining until the deadline. The first, follow the EPA’s confusing, bureaucratic process. Download their five-page guide for step-by-step instructions on how to apply for the ENERGY STAR® Certification…. OR request that Measurabl automatically check and notify you of eligible buildings in your portfolio. That’s step one.
If you slog through the EPA’s 5 page process document you’ll discover that there is also data collection, a site visit by an engineer and the actual application processing – all of which must happen before November 16. Rest assured, Measurabl is a top 50 ENERGY STAR Partner. We can ensure your properties applications are submitted accurately and on time.
Not sure if certification is worth the effort?
ENERGY STAR CERTIFICATION VALUE BY THE NUMBERS
- Better Financial Performance: A one-dollar per square foot savings in office building energy costs increases cash flow by $0.95 and asset value by $13 per square foot.
- Higher Rent: The effective rent (including occupancy) of ENERGY STAR certified buildings is 6.5 percent higher.
- Higher Selling Prices: The transaction price for ENERGY STAR certified buildings is 12.9 percent higher. At the portfolio level, real estate investment trusts with a greater percentage of ENERGY STAR certified properties perform better on key measures of operating performance; they also tend to have higher stock returns and face lower market risk.
Avoid missing the chance to earn your certification for 2015 by starting the process today.
Measurabl Team Credentials
- Our team has successfully ENERGY STAR Certified 700+ buildings since 2009
- EPA Certified Partner
- EPA Executive Member recognition
EPA classes completed classes at least twice annually since 2009:
- Benchmarking Water/Wastewater Treatment Facilities in Portfolio Manager®
- Energy Treasure Hunts: Simple Steps for Finding Energy Savings
- How to Apply for the ENERGY STAR®
- Portfolio Manager® 101
- Portfolio Manager® 201
- Portfolio Manager® 301
- Data Center Energy Efficiency Opportunities
Want to know if you have eligible buildings? Request a list of candidate buildings from Measurabl here.