Real estate companies are under growing pressure to collect, analyze, and report environmental, social, and governance (ESG) data as part of a larger focus on sustainability. But simply reporting whatever ESG data a firm has on hand is no longer sufficient: Now, the goalpost has shifted to data quality and accuracy. Whether firms are just beginning to establish ESG frameworks or polishing existing platforms and practices, they are all working toward the common goal of improving the integrity and completeness of their data.
In this eBook, we explore:
- Best practices for collecting ESG data, starting with environmental metrics
- What defines data quality, and how to achieve it
- How automation can optimize the data collection process
- How ESG can help firms assess resilience to physical climate risk factors
- Efforts to develop a single industry standard for ESG performance